Time management issues are so common.
But you might not be aware of the underlying reasons for your time challenges.
Have you tried tons of different things to help, but haven’t had any success, or you’ve had some success but it doesn’t last?
You Might Be Putting Surface Solutions on Deeper Time Management Issues
It’s like anything else in life. Like losing weight, for example.You can try all the diets you want or eat well and exercise, but if you have a sabotaging belief or if you eat for emotional reasons, you won’t have success, or your success won’t last.
Same with time management.
So, What Are These Mystery Causes of Time Management Issues?
1. You don’t know your why – - why you’re building your business. Or you’ve lost sight of it. Or it’s not powerful enough. I’ve written about how your why relates to time management here.
2. You don’t know your purpose. This is your “calling.” Your gift. The thing you’re here to share with the world. Your reason for being here.
3. You don’t have a clear vision for where you’re going that keeps you on track. Check out my post all about your vision here.
4. You don’t have effective, written goals that move you toward your vision. Learn how to write great goals here.
5. You have low self-esteem. This is HUGE for entrepreneurs, especially women. It might seem unrelated, but it’s foundational. M. Scott Peck wrote: “Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” Food for thought. Self worth has been my greatest life lesson . . . and it’s my greatest purpose . . . and now I want to help others . I started a series on this and you can read the first post here.
6. You have a related fear and you’re sabotaging yourself. For example, are you afraid of actually putting yourself and/or your products out there? If so, maybe you’re wasting your time on other things. Or, you might say yes to too much stuff. If your plate is too full, you experience overwhelm, feel like there’s no time and get nothing done. Often, this is due to what Marie Forleo calls “FOMO” (Fear Of Missing Out). It’s OK to say no and not be part of everything!
7. Your systems, strategies and methods aren’t aligned well with your personality. We’re all unique and certain personality types do well with the typical “anal” time management systems and other personality types go CRAZY with them! You have to find what fits for you.
So, what underlying reasons might be contributing to your time management issues? Let me know by leaving a comment.